One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the double motets, the two choirs are arranged antiphonally.’
- ‘These rendered plainchant in unison (the boys, where available, singing an octave above the men), either as a body or antiphonally across the choir.’
- ‘The antiphonal, on the other hand, contains the chants sung antiphonally in the divine office.’
- ‘Selected stanzas of this hymn can be sung antiphonally.’
- ‘The best effects were achieved in Ignatio Donati's O Gloriosa Domina, where the cornetto was placed, antiphonally, in the upper gallery of the church, behind the audience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.