One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Rather than wrap herself up in the mystique of the antipathic artist, Polly admits she's trapped in a self-defeating cycle of suffering followed by songwriting purgation.’
- ‘He is understandably gynephobic, with an aversion for young women powered by an antipathic neurological response.’
- ‘In early 20th Century nationalist politics, what was of greater concern was that a pre-occupation with caste reform would retard nationalist mobilisation and not that caste might be antipathic to nationalism.’
- ‘I will oppose all people whose ideals are violently antipathic to mine.’
- ‘The character of Michael Moran is at the same time antipathic and yet awakening pity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.