One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I will oppose all people whose ideals are violently antipathic to mine.’
- ‘In early 20th Century nationalist politics, what was of greater concern was that a pre-occupation with caste reform would retard nationalist mobilisation and not that caste might be antipathic to nationalism.’
- ‘The character of Michael Moran is at the same time antipathic and yet awakening pity.’
- ‘Rather than wrap herself up in the mystique of the antipathic artist, Polly admits she's trapped in a self-defeating cycle of suffering followed by songwriting purgation.’
- ‘He is understandably gynephobic, with an aversion for young women powered by an antipathic neurological response.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.