Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The position of maximum displacement in a standing wave system.
- ‘As the speaker volume increases, the difference between nodes and antinodes becomes easier to hear.’
- ‘If two of the three indices are zero, then the pressure antinodes of the associated mode form planes.’
- ‘However, keep in mind that the third transverse mode also has an antinode at the center of the bar.’
- ‘Very similar to a coffee cup, whose nodes and antinodes are determined by the location of the handle.’
- ‘A region where the variation of a quantity has a relative maximum is called an antinode of that quantity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.