Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The applicability of granular cubic antimonic acid (C-SbA) as column packing material in chromatographic lithium isotope separation was investigated.’
- ‘Proton conductive antimonic acids, fine powders and films were prepared by soft chemical processing such as ion-exchanged reaction, sol-gel processing and autoclave reaction.’
- ‘However, antimonic acid available by the conventional method is in the form of particulates.’
- ‘Lithium is classified as an antimonic medication because of its ability to reverse mania, a mood disorder characterized by extreme excitement and activity.’
- ‘This electrode is composed with antimonic block, parameter contrast and temperature compensation, which make it effective in scale removal and detecting.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.