Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The number of which a given number is the logarithm.→ antilog
- ‘Adjusted geometric means (often approximating median values) were computed by back transformation (taking the antilogarithm).’
- ‘If the logarithm is taken as the forward function, the function taking the base to a given power is then called the antilogarithm.’
- ‘All equations are fitted by the reduced major axis algorithm to the logarithms of the original data; the data were then transformed to their antilogarithms to return to the original units.’
- ‘Values at the tick marks were converted to their antilogarithms.’
- ‘It supports trigonometric functions, logarithm and antilogarithm.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.