One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for antilogarithm
- ‘For the geometric mean, the lower and upper confidence limits are obtained by considering the antilog of the above limits.’
- ‘Levels of all metals were transformed logarithmically for the analysis, and results are presented as geometric means (the antilog of the mean of the log values) - adjusted by groups of age and sex - and their 95% confidence intervals.’
- ‘This is the antilog in terms of the original unit of measurement that defines the 50th percentile.’
- ‘This entailed entering the proportion of clutches initiated in each month into the Shannon-Wiener diversity formula and then taking the antilog of the diversity value.’
- ‘The antilog of the slope of this line represented average annual survival for that age interval.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.