One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for antilogarithm
- ‘This is the antilog in terms of the original unit of measurement that defines the 50th percentile.’
- ‘For the geometric mean, the lower and upper confidence limits are obtained by considering the antilog of the above limits.’
- ‘The antilog of the slope of this line represented average annual survival for that age interval.’
- ‘This entailed entering the proportion of clutches initiated in each month into the Shannon-Wiener diversity formula and then taking the antilog of the diversity value.’
- ‘Levels of all metals were transformed logarithmically for the analysis, and results are presented as geometric means (the antilog of the mean of the log values) - adjusted by groups of age and sex - and their 95% confidence intervals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.