Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The very low level of amino acid diversity in antigenic proteins may be cause for optimism in the difficult fight to control global tuberculosis.’
- ‘As one would expect, we found that two different antibodies with different antigenic specificities had different amino acid sequences in the antigen-binding site.’
- ‘These cases provide rare views of the processes by which antigenic or enzymatic properties of a protein are modified while still maintaining function.’
- ‘This may not be the case with weakly antigenic tumor antigens.’
- ‘Although the two isoforms have primarily similar antigenic properties, little is known about their enzymatic properties.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.