Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Used to prevent fungal growth; active against fungi:‘ringworm can be treated with antifungal cream’‘coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties’
- ‘Basil Oil has an active constituents that may be antibacterial, insecticidal and antifungal.’
- ‘Clinical trials to further test antifungal therapy for chronic sinusitis are being planned.’
- ‘To maintain clinical and mycologic control, a longer duration of initial therapy is recommended to achieve remission before beginning a maintenance antifungal regimen.’
- ‘Nystatin is a polyene antifungal drug that binds directly to ergosterol in the cell membrane.’
- ‘Although not evaluated in a systematic way, azole antifungal compounds are alternative therapies.’
- ‘Another treatment option is an antifungal mouthwash.’
- ‘Bee propolis and olive leaf are naturally anti-viral, antibacterial and anti-fungal.’
- ‘Apply topical over-the-counter or prescription antifungal medications as indicated.’
- ‘This condition can sometimes be hard to treat and may require shaving the beard and applying anti-fungal cream.’
An antifungal drug or other substance:‘the patient responded well to systemic antifungals’
- ‘Your doctor or pharmacist will be able to tell you if any drugs you are already taking will interact with a specific antifungal.’
- ‘It is a potent antifungal even more powerful than the drug Nystatin.’
- ‘According to the release, an oral antifungal is the only effective cure.’
- ‘Stronger forms of topical treatments and antifungals in tablet form are only available on prescription.’
- ‘The problem with using too many antifungals is that the yeast may eventually become resistant to the medication.’
- ‘The patient responded well to systemic anti-fungals.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.