One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounrare
- ‘He clearly didn't understand the demographics of our house at all, and I think he mistook our new-to-Berkeley enthusiasm as antidisestablishmentarian merriment.’
- ‘I don't want to say it, but it starts with ‘V’ and rhymes with antidisestablishmentarian.’
- ‘Since the antidisestablishmentarianism camp was opposed to this idea, they became the antidisestablishmentarians, and their stated platform was called Antidisestablishmentarianism.’
- ‘Hindemith, the antidisestablishmentarian, held that mere custom could not account for the vast riches of tonality; unlike his contemporaries, he believed that its possibilities had not been exhausted.’
- ‘It seems like the descendants of the antidisestablishmentarians have actually sold our President on that they are being forced to ‘hide their faith’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.