One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The end comes anticlimactically and the reader is left with no feeling of tenderness either.’
- ‘The platform party scampered off, and that, anticlimactically, was it for another year.’
- ‘We assume a stunning revelation about the murder is forthcoming, but the twist, when it finally arrives, is anticlimactically ambiguous.’
- ‘The show ended rather anticlimactically with a really long reggae jam.’
- ‘Trashed, he ended up quitting the stage, leaving the band to trail off anticlimactically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.