One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Trashed, he ended up quitting the stage, leaving the band to trail off anticlimactically.’
- ‘The show ended rather anticlimactically with a really long reggae jam.’
- ‘The platform party scampered off, and that, anticlimactically, was it for another year.’
- ‘We assume a stunning revelation about the murder is forthcoming, but the twist, when it finally arrives, is anticlimactically ambiguous.’
- ‘The end comes anticlimactically and the reader is left with no feeling of tenderness either.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.