One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At least sixty bands will be showcased nationwide to an increasingly eager and anticipative UK and Irish record company audience.’
- ‘Jameson's ‘sort of anticipative wisdom’ draws attention to a symbolic significance in the lichen beyond its practical use as mattress and food.’
- ‘Essentially, the system senses the driving conditions and makes corrections and adjustments (to the brakes, throttle, steering) as required, but in such a way that it is more anticipative rather than reactive.’
- ‘Well, number one, we have to have an anticipative security program at every airport.’
- ‘The terrain and weather conditions on Attu placed the logisticians in a reactive instead of an anticipative mode throughout most of the operation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.