One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Well, number one, we have to have an anticipative security program at every airport.’
- ‘Jameson's ‘sort of anticipative wisdom’ draws attention to a symbolic significance in the lichen beyond its practical use as mattress and food.’
- ‘The terrain and weather conditions on Attu placed the logisticians in a reactive instead of an anticipative mode throughout most of the operation.’
- ‘Essentially, the system senses the driving conditions and makes corrections and adjustments (to the brakes, throttle, steering) as required, but in such a way that it is more anticipative rather than reactive.’
- ‘At least sixty bands will be showcased nationwide to an increasingly eager and anticipative UK and Irish record company audience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.