One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used in the treatment of cancer.‘anticancer drugs’‘new anticancer therapies’
- ‘The blood test could identify certain chromosomal changes that guide physicians to prescribe certain anticancer drugs.’
- ‘His rheumatologist then prescribed methotrexate, an anti-cancer drug that at low doses can send juvenile arthritis into remission.’
- ‘These anti-cancer drugs are actually cytotoxins, or ' cell-killing drugs ' which do not differentiate between good and bad cells.’
- ‘Perhaps no surprise, one of the recent bright spots in anticancer efforts has been the HPV vaccine.’
- ‘Although previous studies have suggested nuts may have anti-cancer properties when eaten as part of a healthy diet, the evidence remains inconclusive.’
- ‘The unit is licensed by the MHRA to develop and manufacture biological anticancer agents for use in early phase clinical trials.’
- ‘According to the clinic, there are a number of options, including chemotherapy and other anticancer drugs, corticosteroids, stem cell transplantation, and radiation.’
- ‘The mechanism of senescence - or premature cell aging - can have an anticancer effect.’
- ‘Moon's research included a study on alcoholic liver disease and another on an anticancer plant substance’
- ‘New therapeutic strategies are now urgently needed to reinforce anticancer immune responses and to complement existing treatments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.