One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used in the treatment of cancer.‘anticancer drugs’‘new anticancer therapies’
- ‘According to the clinic, there are a number of options, including chemotherapy and other anticancer drugs, corticosteroids, stem cell transplantation, and radiation.’
- ‘The mechanism of senescence - or premature cell aging - can have an anticancer effect.’
- ‘The blood test could identify certain chromosomal changes that guide physicians to prescribe certain anticancer drugs.’
- ‘Moon's research included a study on alcoholic liver disease and another on an anticancer plant substance’
- ‘Although previous studies have suggested nuts may have anti-cancer properties when eaten as part of a healthy diet, the evidence remains inconclusive.’
- ‘Perhaps no surprise, one of the recent bright spots in anticancer efforts has been the HPV vaccine.’
- ‘New therapeutic strategies are now urgently needed to reinforce anticancer immune responses and to complement existing treatments.’
- ‘These anti-cancer drugs are actually cytotoxins, or ' cell-killing drugs ' which do not differentiate between good and bad cells.’
- ‘The unit is licensed by the MHRA to develop and manufacture biological anticancer agents for use in early phase clinical trials.’
- ‘His rheumatologist then prescribed methotrexate, an anti-cancer drug that at low doses can send juvenile arthritis into remission.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.