One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Active against bacteria.
- ‘It's antibacterial, so you're killing the bacteria that causes the disease.’
- ‘Garlic's compounds also have antibacterial and antifungal properties.’
- ‘If only I could focus on the story instead of where I put my antibacterial hand gel…’
- ‘After drying the skin, treat the burn with an antibacterial agent.’
- ‘Do antibacterial soaps get rid of germs better than plain old soap and hot water?’
- ‘Antibacterial prescribing and antibacterial resistance in English general practice: cross sectional study’
- ‘The antibacterial soap kills most germs, while regular soap washes bacteria from the skin or transfers it to a towel.’
- ‘The worldwide emergence of bacterial resistance to antibacterial agents has produced a need for new methods of combating bacterial infections.’
- ‘Also, taking antibacterial antibiotics when you have a viral infection may be harmful.’
- ‘Bacteria that causes eye infections is sensitive to the antibacterial action of honey.’
- ‘The herb also contains antibacterial compounds that may kill the bacteria responsible for the infection.’
- ‘For added protection, a swipe with an antibacterial wipe knocks out plenty more germs, so pack a few in your carry-on.’
- ‘They typically come in a bar, gel or liquid form, and are less drying than are deodorant and antibacterial detergents or soaps.’
- ‘They also have antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties against pathogens.’
- ‘Recent reports have lent support to the potential use of previous generation antibacterial drugs to treat infections caused by new resistant bacteria.’
- ‘The assault on bacteria in the household has fuelled great interest in antibacterial products.’
- ‘Manufacturers use our national fear of germs to sell antibacterial soap.’
- ‘In this day of antibacterial everything, it's hard to imagine bacteria being beneficial.’
- ‘Echinacea has also been used externally on wounds and is reported to have antibacterial and antifungal properties.’
- ‘You may be prescribed antibacterial, antifungal or antiviral drugs on an ongoing basis to guard against infection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.