One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Preventing or effective against tetanus.‘an anti-tetanus injection’
- ‘When he sought medical treatment he suffered a serious allergic reaction to an anti-tetanus injection given to him by a doctor.’
- ‘In fact, there have been cases where consumers have had to take anti-tetanus injections following such bleeding injury to their fingers.’
- ‘Much more commonly, anti-tetanus serum has been widely used to confer passive immunity after potentially contaminated minor injuries.’
- ‘Contamination of any kind of wound can cause tetanus, and it is interesting to note that today in Germany those who get bitten by a dog are regularly given just an anti-tetanus shot.’
- ‘As a result, she had to be given an anti-tetanus injection, said Judge Beaumont, who was sitting with Lord Justice Clarke and Mr Justice Astill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.