Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Preventing the build-up of static electricity or reducing its effects.
- ‘There was also no fancy packaging, just sealed anti-static packaging housing the individual memory modules.’
- ‘This anti-static spray is made for dogs, and would probably accomplish similar results.’
- ‘To remove it, you're going to have to very carefully pry the heatsink off, or put your video card in an airtight anti-static bag, and place it in the freezer, and then try to remove the heatsink.’
- ‘The screen has anti-glare and anti-static features and a 160 degree horizontal and vertical viewing angle.’
- ‘You can buy anti-static sprays and put them on your clothes.’
- ‘Large anti-static boxes are used to transport all the parts of the order.’
- ‘Another method is to spray the carpet surface with an anti-static agent.’
- ‘Rather than simply sliding the card into an anti-static bag and placing it in the box, they actually placed the card inside of a large plastic housing to ensure absolutely no damage to the device.’
- ‘Inside the box we see the video card wrapped in an anti-static bag.’
- ‘Set up everything in a brightly lit environment, with appropriate anti-static measures.’
- ‘Inside, the motherboard is packaged in a non-cushioned anti-static bag, with a thin foam insert at the bottom of the box to protect the board.’
- ‘Dust the screen often with an anti-static cloth.’
- ‘Inside the box, everything is neatly packaged in their own cellophane bags, with the video card in an anti-static bag.’
- ‘These fibers do not attract much dirt because they are anti-static.’
- ‘There was no cleaning involved - just a light dusting with an anti-static brush.’
- ‘The top and bottom of the case were fitted with soft foam covers, and the whole thing was wrapped in an anti-static bag.’
- ‘And this finished, self-cleaning, anti-static and weather-resistant structure is itself maintenance free for 25 years.’
- ‘As the server was built from new parts and painstakingly put together ensuring no part was placed or handled without an anti-static wristband and had been running for just over a year we were probably looking at a manufacturer defect.’
- ‘Another thing that you can do is to place it inside a non-scented, anti-static dryer sheet to sop up odors.’
- ‘Although it doesn't look like much, this will do a better job at protecting the card than a simple anti-static bag covering it, and secured by a folded piece of cardboard.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.