One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Hostile to or prejudiced against Jews.‘anti-Semitic remarks were posted on the site’‘a steep rise in anti-Semitic incidents worldwide’
- ‘I was stunned to here the evangelist's anti-Semitic utterances.’
- ‘To think that watching one film would make me anti-Semitic is ridiculous.’
- ‘Now he was going to think I was an anti-Semitic lout.’
- ‘His son, too, finds himself a victim of anti-Semitic behavior.’
- ‘One need only read her own writings to see how incredibly anti-Semitic she was.’
- ‘The artist slams the social elite here for their racist, anti-Semitic feelings.’
- ‘The charge was part of a notorious seven-year anti-Semitic campaign the industrialist conducted in the pages of his weekly newspaper.’
- ‘He will refuse to defend the title and sink into a life of oblivion and mystery, surfacing from time to time to make anti-Semitic remarks.’
- ‘In 1907, the anti-Semitic faction opposed to him secured his departure from the opera company.’
- ‘All the things you may have read about this movie being anti-Semitic are true.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.