One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is hostile to or prejudiced against Jews.‘he was not just a bigot, but also an anti-Semite’
- ‘It was his study of Judaism which led to his formulating extreme anti-Semite beliefs.’
- ‘His son studied medicine and later became a polemicist, royalist, and anti-Semite, as well as one of the best diarists of the Third Republic.’
- ‘He is an anti-Semite, once overheard telling guests that he "hoped the British didn't stop Hitler too soon."’
- ‘The speech caused a furor in which the famed aviator was widely attacked as an anti-Semite.’
- ‘The composer remained a strident anti-Semite for the rest of his life.’
- ‘I doubt anyone had ever called them anti-Semites before.’
- ‘Being branded an anti-semite in Hollywood can make life very difficult.’
- ‘Hell, they will probably read this and call me an anti-Semite!’
- ‘The anti-Semite hooligans here are silently tolerated.’
- ‘The horror of the Holocaust served to discredit the pronouncements of anti-Semites.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.