Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Violating a political constitution.‘anti-constitutional activity’
- ‘The plaintiffs would like the courts judgement that the invasion was anti-constitutional.’
- ‘There's nothing new in that, of course; but there's also nothing in it which is not racist, racialist supremacist, or anti-constitutional.’
- ‘This apparent capitulation politics is unacceptable, disgraceful, and makes waste of student fees on executive officer stipends in an anti-constitutional manner.’
- ‘We are now a do-nothing civil society, primarily out of servility, indifference, anti-Constitutional religious dogma, and simple fear for our jobs’
- ‘By accustoming us to anti-constitutional proceedings, the administration gains a tacit approval for its new instruments of control.’
- ‘It was said there was no actual evidence for Mr. K. being a member of an anti-Constitutional organization.’
- ‘The second anti-constitutional formulation says that the stolen church tax is not in breach of the constitution because the ‘overwhelming majority of the working population in Germany pay church tax’.’
- ‘Lin also branded the DPP's proposal to make a new law handling political parties’ illegally acquired assets as anti-constitutional and intended only for political gain.’
- ‘It was considered anti-constitutional because its violent indirect method - terrorism - was unacceptable in a democratic country.’
- ‘Even those Republicans troubled by the president's anti-constitutional actions fail to understand the situation.’
- ‘The voting arithmetic suggests that France today is both increasingly extremist - at both ends of the spectrum, not just on the right - and overwhelmingly anti-constitutional and anti-European Union.’
- ‘It's like I said a couple weeks ago, the Republican party is becoming an anti-constitutional party.’
- ‘Declaring such a state of emergency is an anti-constitutional act.’
- ‘It is anti-constitutional, illegal, and anti-social.’
- ‘However, there is no evidence that Mrs. Vogt herself, even outside her work at school, actually made anti-constitutional statements or personally adopted an anti-constitutional stance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.