One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Opposed to Christianity or Christian values.
- ‘These are songs whose subtle lyrics promote and/or explain the Antichristian position.’
- ‘Organised religion is often (especially in forums like this) made out to be the enemy, I use to be quite anti-christian but I'm not anymore.’
- ‘The anti-Christian bias in our society has reached absurd proportions.’
- ‘After all, anti-christian lyrics have been penned by everyone from John Lennon to Judas Iscariot.’
- ‘There's more than a little anti-christian sentiment here.’
- ‘The whole article is shot through with this kind of anti-christian bias.’
2Relating to the Antichrist.
- ‘If any part of the Church be proved to be antichristian, all of the Church is so, the Protestant branch inclusive.’
- ‘The work of the second beast is the service of the first; cooperating with the Antichristian world government.’
- ‘Rome was the kingdom in existence, and the one yet to come is the Antichristian kingdom.’
- ‘These and similar passages reveal to the Church that antichristian forces will appear in various recurrent forms until the end of time.’
- ‘Among all the anti-Christian manifestations in the history of the world and the Church that lie behind us in the past there is none that fits the description better than the Papacy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.