One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Hostility to the interests of the United States.‘the film was attacked by some critics for its allegedly virulent anti-Americanism’‘he encountered widespread anti-Americanism among intellectuals’
- ‘Nevertheless there remains a climate of anti-Americanism among many European intellectuals.’
- ‘Cited instances of anti-Americanism include an extremely wide spectrum of disapproval, from petty claims to sensible criticisms.’
- ‘We can't help but notice some of the anti-Americanism in some of the foreign markets where we work.’
- ‘The level of anti-Americanism around the world has never been higher.’
- ‘What has really been the cause of the rise in anti-Americanism in the last few years has been American foreign policy.’
- ‘He appealed to British nationalism and a certain amount of anti-Americanism to get his project funded.’
- ‘The whispering that his attempts to think through a new strategy are inspired by some kind of visceral anti-Americanism is ludicrous.’
- ‘Investigative research has begun to explore the foundations of anti-Americanism around the world.’
- ‘The suddenly subdued streets, we were told, were the engines that drove anti-Americanism in the region.’
- ‘Executives who run global corporations now face fierce anti-Americanism around the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.