Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Opposing or legislating against medically induced abortion.
- ‘Legalizing abortion didn't make anti-abortion advocates accept it.’
- ‘Does the anti-abortion lobby demand that a pregnancy continue if the mother's life is in danger?’
- ‘This has caused widespread opposition from the anti-abortion lobby.’
- ‘The anti-abortion lobby argues that a fetus is a person who is entitled to civil rights.’
- ‘For example, at anti-abortion rallies you always hear the phrase ‘abortion is murder’.’
- ‘All dilemmas can be resolved, say the anti-abortion lobby, if the starting point is the foetus rather than the woman.’
- ‘In Montana, an anti-abortion bill was introduced requiring death certificates for fetuses.’
- ‘Some anti-abortion groups believe that life begins at conception and prevention of implantation is murder.’
- ‘But this is an image used by the anti-abortion lobby and it generates heat in an emotive area.’
- ‘However, this film presents such a sanitised version of amateur abortion that it is in effect powerful fodder for the anti-abortion lobby.’
- ‘This constant reference to the foetus as a baby has become common coin for the anti-abortion lobby.’
- ‘Even to those who are anti-abortion, I feel there are always situations in which abortion cannot possibly be classified as murder.’
- ‘She does not, for example, have problems with anti-abortion activists displaying the results of late abortions.’
- ‘The use of images of fetuses has generally been a favoured tactic of the anti-abortion lobby.’
- ‘Although Britain has a vocal anti-abortion lobby opposed to embryo research, it is very much in the minority.’
- ‘Ministers hope the move will reduce the number of teenage pregnancies but anti-abortion campaigners have fiercely opposed the changes.’
- ‘That he did not prioritize his opposition to abortion drew criticism from some within the anti-abortion movement.’
- ‘I rattled and sang to detoxify the current of anger the anti-abortion marchers projected.’
- ‘She said the anti-abortion movement's ultimate aim was to make all abortion a crime.’
- ‘The anti-abortion protesters who block clinics would also qualify.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.