One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They tended to personalize and anthropomorphize their pets and viewed themselves as rescuers of suffering or unloved animals.’
- ‘The whole animal kingdom can be anthropomorphized, with the lion as ‘King of the beasts’, or the hive as a ‘Queen’ bee running her obedient ‘workers’.’
- ‘If I were to try and anthropomorphise it as a separate individual, then I could not class it's behaviour as wholly negative or positive.’
- ‘She makes a crucial change by powerfully anthropomorphizing the scene: she personifies the landscape, and thus it becomes witness to her pain.’
- ‘Later writers attained greater naturalistic accuracy and more consistently avoided anthropomorphizing their subjects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.