One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His characterizations of the individuals within a society might be anthropomorphically ascribed to sheep and wolves, with the wolves lined up on a spectrum of power lust or madness, from a category of good to bad.’
- ‘Their cleverness includes the ability to amuse themselves while hiding by engaging in vocal displays, known anthropomorphically as ‘discourses’, which they use to form and maintain social bonds and to compete for social prestige.’
- ‘To speak more anthropomorphically, God grieves at the situation we are in.’
- ‘Many were derived anthropomorphically from the dimensions of parts of the human anatomy.’
- ‘If I wanted to treat computers anthropomorphically, like so many of my colleagues, I'd call this ‘artificial imagination.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.