One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The scientific study of the measurements and proportions of the human body.
- ‘In the 19th and early 20th centuries, anthropometry was a pseudoscience used mainly to classify potential criminals by facial characteristics.’
- ‘Although we did not collect direct data for the assessment of bone lead mobilization during pregnancy, we observed 2 lines of evidence that indicated that bone lead may be mobilized and may have a negative impact in anthropometry at birth.’
- ‘Nutritional status was assessed by anthropometry.’
- ‘Anthropometry still remains the conventional method for evaluating the nutritional profile of children.’
- ‘Intrigued by the historically reported differences in anthropometry between the bronchitic and emphysematous patients, researchers performed studies to assess body composition in both COPD subtypes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.