Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] Anthropometry, especially as it relates to the design of furniture and machinery.
- ‘The senior members of society have their own ergonomics and anthropometrics.’
- ‘The science of anthropometrics provides data on dimensions of the human body, in various postures.’
- ‘Information was collected on diet, recreational physical activity, and anthropometrics including BMI.’
- ‘The same-scale human model, incorporating the desired anthropometrics, resides elsewhere on the screen.’
- ‘When first issued, it provided guidelines based on adult dimensions and anthropometrics.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.