One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expert in or student of anthropology.‘some anthropologists think that members of hunting and gathering societies tend to have more leisure’
- ‘My single aphorism, derived from anthropologist Alfred Gell, is that pattern, decoration, ornament, attaches people to things.’
- ‘Some social anthropologists still believe it is possible to explain how and why the creations of human beings become institutionalized.’
- ‘Anthropologists have noted a pronounced preference for the private and domestic sphere in Danish culture.’
- ‘Historians and anthropologists have recorded many of these men's stories on tape.’
- ‘The vast majority of Brazilian anthropologists, for example, have conducted their field research within national territory.’
- ‘Developed by biologists and anthropologists, optimal foraging is a good example of a microeconomic, deductive modeling strategy.’
- ‘Regardless of how anthropologists define religions, the institutional contours of this space often determine how the practitioners label their own activity.’
- ‘Physical anthropologists have concluded that the skulls of two of the oldest skeletons are quite different from those of modern American Indians.’
- ‘Anthropologists at times have even influenced the art production of the cultures they study.’
- ‘Among anthropologists, the ratio of Democrats to Republicans is about thirty to one.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.