One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(chiefly of environmental pollution and pollutants) originating in human activity.‘anthropogenic emissions of sulphur dioxide’
- ‘While I would like to believe that there are pristine places on this planet where life has not been affected by anthropogenic activities, there are not.’
- ‘Global anthropogenic emissions of mercury are estimated to range between 2000 and 6000 metric tons per year.’
- ‘Lakes are also excellent settings for studying the responses of ecosystems to natural and anthropogenic environmental change on human timescales.’
- ‘Thus a succession of closely connected environmental and anthropogenic events destroyed the bison.’
- ‘Of course, there are many well-known cases where pollution is caused by anthropogenic emissions of chemicals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.