Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(chiefly of environmental pollution and pollutants) originating in human activity.‘anthropogenic emissions of sulphur dioxide’
- ‘Lakes are also excellent settings for studying the responses of ecosystems to natural and anthropogenic environmental change on human timescales.’
- ‘While I would like to believe that there are pristine places on this planet where life has not been affected by anthropogenic activities, there are not.’
- ‘Global anthropogenic emissions of mercury are estimated to range between 2000 and 6000 metric tons per year.’
- ‘Of course, there are many well-known cases where pollution is caused by anthropogenic emissions of chemicals.’
- ‘Thus a succession of closely connected environmental and anthropogenic events destroyed the bison.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.