Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘It is simply new, and evolution over time may show only if it is anthropocentrically positive or negative.’
- ‘First, they anthropocentrically fail to account for species difference.’
- ‘The unknowable is not just due to indeterminable causal evolutions and randomicity, but also very much due to the way questions about it are anthropocentrically formulated.’
- ‘He is a righteous man, but a man who understands righteousness individualistically, anthropocentrically, and deterministically.’
- ‘Viewed anthropocentrically, sustainable development is about improving the quality of human life while maintaining Earth's life supporting biogeophysical systems and ecological processes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.