One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNorth American
- ‘you have so many undergrads who go try out fieldwork and don't pursue careers in anthro’short for anthropologyas modifier ‘an anthro degree’
- ‘I remember chatting with one senior who proudly announced, "I'm an anthro major myself."’
- ‘She is hugely heartful and multicultural, with interests in the Middle East, linguistics, and anthro.’
- ‘I wonder if there are any anthro studies of modern-day cannibal cultures?’
- ‘I took a few anthro courses in college.’
- ‘Only somewhere in the second year (after I had moved to Anthro) did the Architecture students ever start working on design problems.’
- ‘I bet you never guessed that grad studies in theology was my back-up plan in case I wasn't accepted into Anthro/Soc programmes!’
- ‘Ideas were kinda scarce and I had this big research project due in Anthro.’
- ‘I submitted a bazillion anthropology entries while taking Anthro 1 based on my textbook.’
- ‘He was my anthro professor last semester.’
- ‘If you're a college undergraduate taking an anthropology course this year, you may notice a familiar name on your anthro textbook.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.