One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNorth American
- ‘you have so many undergrads who go try out fieldwork and don't pursue careers in anthro’short for anthropologyas modifier ‘an anthro degree’
- ‘Ideas were kinda scarce and I had this big research project due in Anthro.’
- ‘I submitted a bazillion anthropology entries while taking Anthro 1 based on my textbook.’
- ‘He was my anthro professor last semester.’
- ‘I wonder if there are any anthro studies of modern-day cannibal cultures?’
- ‘I remember chatting with one senior who proudly announced, "I'm an anthro major myself."’
- ‘Only somewhere in the second year (after I had moved to Anthro) did the Architecture students ever start working on design problems.’
- ‘If you're a college undergraduate taking an anthropology course this year, you may notice a familiar name on your anthro textbook.’
- ‘I took a few anthro courses in college.’
- ‘I bet you never guessed that grad studies in theology was my back-up plan in case I wasn't accepted into Anthro/Soc programmes!’
- ‘She is hugely heartful and multicultural, with interests in the Middle East, linguistics, and anthro.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.