Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The oogonial initial penetrates the antheridial initial and rapidly expands to form the oogonium.’
- ‘Studies on development of antheridia and antheridial dehiscence have been conducted by Davie and Hartman.’
- ‘The latter are much more abundant in the antheridial tufts, where they have somewhat swollen heads.’
- ‘Each antheridial chamber incorporates several antheridia, all of which are developed from one antheridial initial.’
- ‘Approximately 50% of the antheridial primordial protoplasts obtained by enzymatic isolation were found to be viable.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.