One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or directed towards both front and back.‘an anteroposterior axis’
- ‘Because the elbow has to be supinated to take the anteroposterior view, many children report relief of symptoms after the radiograph is taken.’
- ‘The traditional sequence includes anteroposterior and lateral views of the lumbar spine, primarily to detect tumors or spinal misalignments such as scoliosis.’
- ‘The most common views are the anteroposterior, lateral and axial patellar images to assess for fracture, dislocation and effusion.’
- ‘The same radiologist measured the anteroposterior diameter of the patellar tendon next to the inferior patellar pole on the axial sequence.’
- ‘The standard radiographic evaluation of the ankle consists of anteroposterior, mortise and lateral views.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.