One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or directed towards both front and back.‘an anteroposterior axis’
- ‘The same radiologist measured the anteroposterior diameter of the patellar tendon next to the inferior patellar pole on the axial sequence.’
- ‘Because the elbow has to be supinated to take the anteroposterior view, many children report relief of symptoms after the radiograph is taken.’
- ‘The standard radiographic evaluation of the ankle consists of anteroposterior, mortise and lateral views.’
- ‘The traditional sequence includes anteroposterior and lateral views of the lumbar spine, primarily to detect tumors or spinal misalignments such as scoliosis.’
- ‘The most common views are the anteroposterior, lateral and axial patellar images to assess for fracture, dislocation and effusion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.