Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or directed towards both front and back.‘an anteroposterior axis’
- ‘The most common views are the anteroposterior, lateral and axial patellar images to assess for fracture, dislocation and effusion.’
- ‘The standard radiographic evaluation of the ankle consists of anteroposterior, mortise and lateral views.’
- ‘The traditional sequence includes anteroposterior and lateral views of the lumbar spine, primarily to detect tumors or spinal misalignments such as scoliosis.’
- ‘Because the elbow has to be supinated to take the anteroposterior view, many children report relief of symptoms after the radiograph is taken.’
- ‘The same radiologist measured the anteroposterior diameter of the patellar tendon next to the inferior patellar pole on the axial sequence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.