One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Occurring not long before childbirth.
- ‘Procedures that increase the likelihood of direct fetal exposure to maternal blood should be minimized during the antepartum and intrapartum periods.’
- ‘The biophysical profile integrates several observations of fetal status into an assessment tool that usually is used during the antepartum period to guide clinical management.’
- ‘There are published data indicating that approximately two-thirds of high risk newborns can be anticipated by careful antepartum evaluation.’
- ‘Recent reports suggest that bright light therapy has an antidepressant effect on patients with antepartum depression.’
- ‘The safety and effectiveness of antiretroviral agents in the antepartum period and during labor is an area of active research, and recommendations are continually being updated and modified.’
Late 19th century: from Latin, ‘before birth’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.