Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Occurring not long before childbirth.
- ‘The safety and effectiveness of antiretroviral agents in the antepartum period and during labor is an area of active research, and recommendations are continually being updated and modified.’
- ‘There are published data indicating that approximately two-thirds of high risk newborns can be anticipated by careful antepartum evaluation.’
- ‘Procedures that increase the likelihood of direct fetal exposure to maternal blood should be minimized during the antepartum and intrapartum periods.’
- ‘Recent reports suggest that bright light therapy has an antidepressant effect on patients with antepartum depression.’
- ‘The biophysical profile integrates several observations of fetal status into an assessment tool that usually is used during the antepartum period to guide clinical management.’
Late 19th century: from Latin, before birth.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.