Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for prenuptial
- ‘If you conclude an antenuptial contract prior to your marriage, the accrual system will apply unless expressly excluded in the contract.’
- ‘Parties to an antenuptial agreement often agree to waive any interest in the other party's retirement benefits.’
- ‘These quite common examples are not the only instances where antenuptial agreements are involved.’
- ‘In the absence of an antenuptial contract, persons are deemed to be married in community of property.’
- ‘Normally, an antenuptial agreement will deal with all of the property and rights to property of both parties.’
Early 19th century: from late Latin antenuptialis (see ante-, nuptial).
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.