One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for prenuptial
- ‘In the absence of an antenuptial contract, persons are deemed to be married in community of property.’
- ‘Normally, an antenuptial agreement will deal with all of the property and rights to property of both parties.’
- ‘If you conclude an antenuptial contract prior to your marriage, the accrual system will apply unless expressly excluded in the contract.’
- ‘These quite common examples are not the only instances where antenuptial agreements are involved.’
- ‘Parties to an antenuptial agreement often agree to waive any interest in the other party's retirement benefits.’
Early 19th century: from late Latin antenuptialis (see ante-, nuptial).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.