Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for prenuptial
- ‘Normally, an antenuptial agreement will deal with all of the property and rights to property of both parties.’
- ‘Parties to an antenuptial agreement often agree to waive any interest in the other party's retirement benefits.’
- ‘These quite common examples are not the only instances where antenuptial agreements are involved.’
- ‘If you conclude an antenuptial contract prior to your marriage, the accrual system will apply unless expressly excluded in the contract.’
- ‘In the absence of an antenuptial contract, persons are deemed to be married in community of property.’
Early 19th century: from late Latin antenuptialis (see ante-, nuptial).
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.