One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Now Afro-Americans, frustrated in their search for antecedence in their African line, might turn to their Scottish roots.’
- ‘Unlike surrounding leaves, these pages - heavily edited, faded, some with frayed edges - were typed with a black ribbon, a telltale sign of antecedence.’
- ‘This antecedence of being does not yet have the responsibility of being.’
- ‘Existence is always infinitely indebted to this absolute antecedence, this inconceivable origin.’
- ‘This has a long antecedence, and the book reviews some of the historical and theoretical literature on the nature of law, including some Marxist sources.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.