One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mammal that feeds on ants and termites, with a long snout and sticky tongue.
- ‘In South America, anteaters evolved long sticky tongues that enable them to feed on ants and termites.’
- ‘The rainforest started to return - as did its creatures - deer, anteaters, capybaras and eagles.’
- ‘But anteaters with longer tongues found more ants and so were able to better survive to have more, and healthier offspring.’
- ‘The prey of anteaters adheres to their long, sticky tongues.’
- ‘As the name suggests, anteaters eat ants and termites in vast quantities, sometimes up to 30,000 insects in a single day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.