Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for aardvark
- ‘Timbavati is known for its large herds of buffalo and elephant, and the night drives are good for viewing leopards, antbears, porcupines and hyenas.’
- ‘On a night drive expect to see an array of nocturnal animals such as the lesser bushbaby, porcupine and antbears.’
- ‘Dens are often established in holes previously dug by antbears, hyenas, and warthogs.’
- ‘Yellow Mongoose dens are usually disused burrows left by other animals such as antbears or spring hares which the yellow mongoose then expand considerably.’
- ‘Dassies abound on the hills and there are also porcupines and antbears.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.