One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shield fitted on top of a building's supports to prevent termites from entering the building from the foundations.‘the property is supported on concrete pillars with steel ant caps to guard against infestation’
- ‘The presence of an ant-cap will not prevent a colony of termites from gaining access to a building.’
- ‘You are then left with a nail wedged between the ant cap and the underside of the bearer.’
- ‘Avoid storing anything made of wood beneath the house and install ant-caps to stumps in order to help identify a termite problem in its early stages.’
- ‘There was an ant cap on top of the piers, but no concrete footing.’
- ‘A popular misconception held by many houseowners is that ant caps are necessary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.