One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be called.‘a missing gent answering to the name of Bloom’
- ‘The parrot, which is still missing, has red tail feathers and a blue plastic ring on his foot and answers to the name of Monty.’
- ‘And not just Melissa but with a tall other guy who answered to the name of Greg.’
- ‘He is grey with a white nose and paws and was wearing a white collar, he answers to the name of Socks.’
- ‘He answers to the name of Sam and was last seen on Sunday, September 22 in the Borris Road area.’
- ‘Appropriately enough, the victory came from the man who answers to the name of Craig Victory.’
- ‘The owner's children were distraught, as they had travelled as far as Wexford in search of their pet that answers to the name of Prince.’
- ‘There are children in London's better-to-do nurseries who answer to the name of Maximus.’
- ‘Four years later she has left newspapers, written two novels and only answers to the name of Lennox.’
- ‘A nine-month-old black and white collie answering to the name of Muffy has gone missing.’
- ‘I've seen him and besides, there aren't many people answering to the name Quill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.