One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be called.‘a missing gent answering to the name of Bloom’
- ‘Appropriately enough, the victory came from the man who answers to the name of Craig Victory.’
- ‘He answers to the name of Sam and was last seen on Sunday, September 22 in the Borris Road area.’
- ‘He is grey with a white nose and paws and was wearing a white collar, he answers to the name of Socks.’
- ‘Four years later she has left newspapers, written two novels and only answers to the name of Lennox.’
- ‘A nine-month-old black and white collie answering to the name of Muffy has gone missing.’
- ‘The parrot, which is still missing, has red tail feathers and a blue plastic ring on his foot and answers to the name of Monty.’
- ‘There are children in London's better-to-do nurseries who answer to the name of Maximus.’
- ‘And not just Melissa but with a tall other guy who answered to the name of Greg.’
- ‘I've seen him and besides, there aren't many people answering to the name Quill.’
- ‘The owner's children were distraught, as they had travelled as far as Wexford in search of their pet that answers to the name of Prince.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.