One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Persistent inability to achieve orgasm despite responding to sexual stimulation.
- ‘A side effect for some other people is anorgasmia.’
- ‘When anorgasmia persists, sexual desire usually declines, sexual frequency wanes, and this often creates resentment and conflict in the relationship.’
- ‘Newer antidepressants may cause sexual dysfunction, including loss of desire and anorgasmia, in both sexes.’
- ‘Personally, I found the device irritating and then just painful, but I have no history of anorgasmia.’
- ‘Male anorgasmia is not as uncommon as you may think.’
1970s: from an- + orgasm + -ia.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.