One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When we all disembarked the PR man introduced me to the anoraked, bearded man.’
- ‘Tall, with long, Sixties-style hair and trendy dark shirts, he does not conform to the public stereotype of the anoraked maths professor.’
- ‘Spotted on Piccadilly: even geekier than a business man on a Segway, an anoraked man wearing a bicycle helmet.’
- ‘When I lived in London, I passed through England's busiest railway station - Clapham Junction - on an almost daily basis, and without fail, there was always a handful of anoraked individuals with notepads doing a spot of light trainspotting.’
- ‘The hotel is in the thick of Inverness's scenic riverside bed and breakfast land, inhabited by bemused Dutch camper van drivers and anoraked American tourists struggling with umbrellas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.