Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
adjective & noun
- ‘The tarsi of anoplurans consist of a large claw and a process that acts like a thumb.’
- ‘Three types of anoplurans parasitize human beings, the head louse, the body louse and the pubic louse.’
- ‘The highest value of Pianka's index was observed between Oligoryzomys species, as a result of historical processes which involve permanent parasites, such as some laelapid mites and anopluran lice.’
- ‘Collaborative research with the Australian Antarctic division has also revealed that southern elephant seals also get infected by a virus very similar to RRV and interestingly the virus is transmitted by anopluran lice.’
- ‘The sucking lice or the anoplurans have mouthparts fitted for piercing and sucking.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.