One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘During a single feeding bout, lasting 4 to 5 min, a female anopheline mosquito can increase mass by more than 200%.’
- ‘Malaria perpetuates in 39 major anopheline species, including some that breed in water contained in footprints, and others in the axils of pineapple-like plants, in eddies at the margins of mountain streams, and in placid ponds.’
- ‘Intriguingly, the bias observed here was restricted to culicines, suggesting that loss from these taxa occurs at a higher rate than from anophelines, despite the fact that culicine genomes are up to eight times larger.’
- ‘Both culicine and anopheline mosquitoes can now be transformed, and genetic constructs that block the development of malaria parasites in transformed mosquitoes have been produced.’
- ‘The distribution of humans and anopheline mosquitoes is not continuous across this region, but generally clustered on the high-elevation areas where rainfall is abundant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.