Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An implementation of an FTP server that allows anyone who can use FTP to log on to the server, using a general username and without a password check.‘altruistic people make these lists of lists available by anonymous FTP’
- ‘That's all you need to know about setting up a simple and secure anonymous FTP server.’
- ‘NASA has established an anonymous FTP input point for persons who have found shuttle debris to upload photos or videos of the material along with identifying commentary for NASA analysis of its importance.’
- ‘But on many systems, limited anonymous FTP access is enabled by default.’
- ‘The description of setting up anonymous FTP is the most complete I can recall reading in recent memory.’
- ‘Due to the lack of search engines, users had to know the site's address prior to use and had also to understand anonymous FTP.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.