One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It appears the aphasia he is suffering from is most likely transient, at the very worst it is anomic.’
- ‘But when they are compared with their U.S. peers, they seem both pretty conservative and pretty liberal as opposed to anomic, alienated, violent, and excluded.’
- ‘And the premise of such a debate is the dangers of individualism and self-interest as pathways to anomic and destructive ‘lifestyle’ choices.’
- ‘I know it's a fashion thing and as a sociologist I could go on all day about anomic youth and the intrinsic power of youth sub cultures, inclusion, exclusion and the influence and glamour of rap music but that's boring.’
- ‘And rather than the anomic feeling that comes from never talking to your neighbours, there's a constant bustle of visitors through the door.’
- ‘Yes, this is a Herculean task given that following independence and the growing exposure of the Namibian economy to global competition, the country drifted into a somewhat anomic situation, which could not be remedied yet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.