One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A month measured between successive perigees of the moon (approximately 271/2 days).
- ‘This relation between synodic months and anomalistic months of the Moon was known to Babylonian astronomers, who used it to predict the return of lunar and solar eclipses.’
- ‘The anomalistic month is the average interval between successive passages of the moon through its perigee.’
- ‘This longer period is called the anomalistic month.’
- ‘The time between consecutive perigees or apogees, the anomalistic month, is 27.56 days.’
- ‘This is the time period over which the Moon-Earth distance is periodic and is known as an anomalistic month.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.