One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A month measured between successive perigees of the moon (approximately 271/2 days).
- ‘This is the time period over which the Moon-Earth distance is periodic and is known as an anomalistic month.’
- ‘This relation between synodic months and anomalistic months of the Moon was known to Babylonian astronomers, who used it to predict the return of lunar and solar eclipses.’
- ‘The time between consecutive perigees or apogees, the anomalistic month, is 27.56 days.’
- ‘This longer period is called the anomalistic month.’
- ‘The anomalistic month is the average interval between successive passages of the moon through its perigee.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.