Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘This certificate issued by the designated anodiser confirms that the anodizing has been produced in accordance with the ‘aluminium finishing requirements’ as specified.’
- ‘Not only that, but not all anodizers are the same, and definitely not all anodizers are capable of producing quality work.’
- ‘Wayne earns £10,000 a year as an anodiser.’
- ‘Most anodizers need anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to plan, process and invoice for projects.’
- ‘This is the product the commercial anodizers use.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.