Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Such corrosion occurs when the heavy metal, the heavy metal basic salts or both plate out to form active cathodes on the anodic magnesium surface.’
- ‘Although the actual chemical reactions taking place within a battery are very complex, the major cathodic and anodic reactions can be idealized based on a knowledge of the parts of a battery and their electrochemical function.’
- ‘Surface properties of titanium and its alloys can be modified by anodic oxidation treatment, which covers the entire surface with a thin but compact oxide film.’
- ‘The inert nature of the anodic coating provides excellent heat resistance.’
- ‘Glass covers were bonded over the microchannels using anodic bonding.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.