Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Allozymes of an isozyme were designated as either fast or slow, with the most anodal designated as fast and the slower allozyme as slow.’
- ‘Loci and alleles were numbered consecutively from the most anodal form.’
- ‘The solution is poured over thin gauze placed on a stainless steel anodal plate.’
- ‘Cathodal and anodal shock electrodes (denoted as C and A) were located at fiber ends.’
- ‘After each hour, the current was interrupted, and the entire contents of anodal and cathodal chamber were withdrawn and replaced by fresh receiver solution.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.