Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small deer-like water buffalo, native to Sulawesi.→ buffalo
- ‘In cold and temperate climatic zones anoas need a stable where a temperature of 18°C should be maintained.’
- ‘Lowland anoas spend most of their time in shady forests and they are most active in the morning and afternoon.’
- ‘Along the banks we caught sight of both of the supposedly almost extinct species of dwarf buffalo, the highland and lowland anoa.’
- ‘The anoa feeds in the morning and rests in the shade during the hottest parts of the day.’
- ‘Hunting anoas for the meat, fur and horns still takes place even in protected sites such as nature reserves’
Mid 19th century: a local word.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.