One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small deer-like water buffalo, native to Sulawesi.
Genus "Bubalus", family "Bovidae": two species
- ‘Along the banks we caught sight of both of the supposedly almost extinct species of dwarf buffalo, the highland and lowland anoa.’
- ‘In cold and temperate climatic zones anoas need a stable where a temperature of 18°C should be maintained.’
- ‘Lowland anoas spend most of their time in shady forests and they are most active in the morning and afternoon.’
- ‘The anoa feeds in the morning and rests in the shade during the hottest parts of the day.’
- ‘Hunting anoas for the meat, fur and horns still takes place even in protected sites such as nature reserves’
Mid 19th century: a local word.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.