- ‘At the same time, both genera have well-developed, multiannulate first antennae, whereas modern branchiopods have dwarfed first antennae without much of annulation or segmentation at all.’
- ‘The annulations give the shell a segmented appearance.’
- ‘The inner and outer tube surfaces are very smooth, without any indication of segmentation, annulation, or collaring.’
- ‘It is characterized by a very gently tapered, finely laminated conical tube lacking strong transverse annulations.’
- ‘The annulation is weakly developed along the surface opposite to the attached portion.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.